June 14, 2008

Youth Conference "Book of Mormon"

Brittany and I just got back from a 3 day Youth Conference where we were able to be "tribe leaders" of a little family of 7. We really enjoyed our time together with our 7 teenagers as we tried to help them feel the Spirit of the Book of Mormon. We had some powerful experiences together. We would do it again in a heart beat. Enjoy some of the pictures below.





This was the first day of Youth Conference where we were able to meet our family and do a service project together before we departed to the camp





This is our humble famliy "The Army of Helaman". We had to construct a tower like the one that King Benjamin spoke from in the Book of Mormon times.



I Think we make a pretty good looking Nephite Couple!

Brittany tried to hunt like Nephi in the Wilderness. She actually had one of the highest scores of the group.

This was our Journey to the Promised Land. Our city was named Shazer. We had to find it with a map and compass.

3 comments:

Laura & Tyson said...

Looks like you guys are having a blast!! I never new the Nephites had such big trailers to be pulled by trucks!! :)

Anthony & Krissie said...

Shad, I just came across your blog. Thought I would say hi, I haven't seen you in a long time.
This is Anthony "Antwan" Child.
Come check out by blog.

Big Daddy said...

Nice dress!