Last week, My Mom, My Dad, My Sister Sharae, and I canned peaches and pears. It is a lot of work, but totally worth it. They taste WAY better than store bought. I took a couple of pictures of all the work we did. We canned 46 quarts total for me. We canned probably 90 quarts for my Mom, and for my sister we did about 46 quarts too.WHEW! It took 3 days, all day to do it. These pics are just of my quarts.
6 comments:
That's so neat. I keep thinking that Tyson and I need to learn how to do that so we can have good fruit during the winter months. It just makes them much more enjoyable!
Wow, I'm impressed! good job:)
Whoa! That is alot of work. I know how hot the kitchen can get, and the fruit flies are everywhere! haha! Good job, they look beautiful!!!
Bert, Bert, buddy Bert! Very impressive with the whole canning thing! I did tons of peaches this year, too, but for the pears I went to the cannery in Idaho Falls. Big machines = lots less work. Pears are hard and I'm a whanny. It's so neat to see your gorgeous family. We have got to get together next time we are down in Utah or something. It's been way too long!
Cool, now I know who to come see when we run out of peaches.
WOW!!! that is a lot of peaches!!! and pears!!! bet you can't wait to do it again next year!!! :-))
Post a Comment