October 20, 2008

Shad's Deer Hunting Trip



I finally got my first deer. I didn't get the luxury of doing this when I was a kid so I have started going with my in-laws. Last year was my first attempt but because of the poor weather we walked away empty handed. This year the weather was beautiful. I shot this guy perfect and dropped him with one shot. I had him before 8am and we were off the mountain by noon. He was a pretty big two-point and was a heavy one to drag down the mountain.

4 comments:

JoJo said...

Hello, this is Richard Bird's wife, Jo. Tell Shad hello and come by and see us!

www.richardandjo.blogspot.com

JoJo said...

Shad- I just meant come by our BLOG and see us. :)

Big Daddy said...

Cool. Always nice to get to do new things. I need to go. My boys want to I just never have been all that excited about it. It is one thing to gut a fish and quite another task to gut a deer.

K'neth S. said...

yep, you told us all about it in priesthood. :-)we could have filled a large book with your thrilling tale. :-) personally i didn't like to see the antlers and all the other stuff with it that one day, but that is just me. glad you had fun! p.s. whatever my dad says about the boys wanting to go, that excludes me, i don't want to shoot something.