
This pic has nothing to do with her kidneys it is just a silly picture of Brooklyn with Shad's deer antlers on her head. But I thought I would update everyone that was curious about her kidneys. On Nov. 20th I took her to get an ultrasound of her kidneys to see if the stent helped her blocked ureter. We got some bad news. Our urologist at Primary Children's said that there was just as much fluid in her right kidney as before the stent was put in, so he recommended that she have major surgery on her ureters to fix it. It will be on Dec. 15th at Primary Children's. It will be a 3 hour surgery and she will have to spend at least one night in the hospital. So we ask that all our friends and family keep her in your prayers that she will be healthy enough to have surgery so that we can get it done this year since we have already met our deductible for the year. Thanks for all your continuing love and support!
5 comments:
Even a minor surgery is major for a Mom so our prayers will be with you and Brooklyn on 12/15!
Poor little girl!! And poor you. If you need anything, I'd be happy to help.
I'm so sorry to hear that. she will be in our prayers till the surgery and after too. I hope it all goes well.
I'm sorry...that's definitely not the news we wanted to hear, and I'm sure it's just as hard on you as it is for Brooklyn. Please let me know if we can help in anyway.
That's terrible! I'm sure it's heart-breaking to go through - but I hope that you and your family feel an extra strength as all of your friends are pulling for you and praying for you! Call me if you just need to talk. We'll pray that all goes well on the 15th and for an awesome Christmas for you guys.
Post a Comment