September 05, 2010

Introducing......

EASTON KASH GIFFORD
8 lbs. 15.4 oz
21 in
4:53 pm August 16, 2010

Our little man

Shad had a cold so he had to wear a mask

Me holding him after they cleaned him up

Proud Mom & Dad

Our first family photo

Me holding Easton

Alta View brings you this nice little date night dinner for you and your hubby!

Shad and the kids

Easton getting ready to go home

Me and Easton are ready to go home!

Birth Story:
Shad and I went to the hospital around 8AM. At about 9AM they broke my water and started me on pitocin. Everything was going well, but a little slow. I had to wait what seemed like FOREVER for them to get my epidural. I think I waited about an hour and half from when I first asked for it. NOT FUN! Oh well it happens. I was still progressing really slowly. My mom & sister had come for a little while, but then left to check on Brooklyn & Chandler and help my Dad get them lunch and put them down for a nap. I was still at 5 cm for what seemed like FOREVER. Then at around 3:30-4pm I started to seeing stars and not feeling well at all. Shad was getting worried when I kept falling asleep and my blood pressure machine kept beeping. The nurse came in and checked my blood pressure 2 more times and it was 70 over something, but REALLY low. So the anesthesiologist came in and gave me some blood pressure medication in my IV. Then I started feeling A LOT of pressure. So the nursed checked me again and I was at a 10! So Shad hurried and called my Mom & sister to come back. They came in to set up my room and they paged the doctor. I was pushing for just a few minutes when the nurse said just to do half pushes because the doctor was 5 min away. UGH! I was annoyed. But he finally got there. While I was pushing the nursed asked me if I signed the Hep B paper and I very rudely said "I have no idea" and everyone laughed and my doctor told her this probably wasn't the best time. A couple of pushes later Easton was here at 4:53pm. This labor was only about 8 hours and I pushed a total of 10 min, so not too bad.

9 comments:

Tara said...

He is so cute! Congrats on the new little man! And if I have another one, I may have to switch to your hospital so I can get the dinner date!

Lacey Voris said...

so cute! we actually have that outfit for cameron for his pj's...love it!

Mike and Jackie said...

Congrats Bert! I love the name. you two make such cute kids.

Sarah said...

Yay for your new little guy! He's adorable. Hope that everything's going well with all of your kids - you're as beautiful as always!

Scott and Megan said...

Hey Scott and I send our congrats to both you and Shad! What a cute, chubby guy! I'm sure Brooklyn has taken over by now and things are completely organized! Nice work!

CORY AND ABBY said...

Such a cute little guy! Congratulations.

Alisa said...

Oh Brittany he is so cute! Im so happy its all done for you! And hello who looks like that after they have a baby! You look so good. Not even all burned out or fat or anything. Congratulations Im so excited to see him soon. Have a good couple of weeks at home.

JBarker said...

Congratulations! That's a great story. And, what's up with the doctors wanting the mothers to wait for them. They should already be at the hospital for what they charge. Maybe you could have charged him for being late, kind of like a "late" fee. Charge him $500 per minute he's late. Then you'd probably get the level of medical care that you're actually paying for.

Anyway, congrats!

Chels said...

Congratulations!!! I am so excited for you guys, I'm glad all went well. Your story is hilarious! You guys are a cute little family! Good luck with 3!!