January 27, 2009

6th Anniversary


Shad and I have been married for 6 whole years! I have to say the time has flown by. I am so grateful to have a husband like Shad. We have moved three times, bought 3 cars, had 4 close family members pass away, Brooklyn and Chandler were born, Brooklyn has had at least 11 major surgeries, Shad has been the Elders Quorum President, and is now the Young Mens President, I learned to play the organ, Shad has worked for 4 companies (3 of which have declared bankruptcy), we both graduated from BYU, we bought our first house, we have been to Puerto Rico, Arizona, Lake Powell, Texas, South Dakota, Washington, Idaho, & Georgia, landscaped our backyard, had 3 of our siblings get married, we are about to become an aunt and uncle for the first time, we have laughed, cried, played and struggled & more but through it all we have been together. Whew! We have been through a lot these last 6 years, but I couldn't have had a better partner through it all. After all we have done together Shad still loves me and brings me home 2 dozen long stem roses! (pictured above) He makes dinner ALL the time. He works hard everyday. He takes me on dates, does the laundry, vacuumes, and dusts, he is a great dad to our children. He gives everything his all. He is so talented. He took that picture of the Salt Lake Temple for us that is behind my roses and I absolutely love it. I love you Shad, and I can't wait to find out what the future holds for us in the years to come!

4 comments:

Tyson said...

Congrats on 6 years. Wow. I cannot believe you guys have been married for that long.

Sure sounds like you guys have had a lot go on these past 6 years.

Hope all is going well with the kids. Keep us updated on how Brooklyn is doing.

Sarah said...

Holy Moly - that's a full six years! Happy anniversary! I remember your wedding day - you and Shad made a beautiful couple, and you still do! (love that picture of the temple)

Big Daddy said...

You forgot to add to your list that you have great neighbors now! It is nice to see a couple of kids married for 6 years, congratulations! If I had known it was your anniversary I would have mowed your lawn for you.

Jennett said...

Shad and Brittany...Congrats on the anniversary! It sounds like you two are so happy together. It is a wonderful thing to love and be loved and even more wonderful to be together forever! Your family is adorable and it is fun to read your blog and catch up on the life of the Giffords!