So Brittany and I decided that it was time to really get in shape. Brady (brother-in-law) gave us P90X and we started our 1st week last Monday. We decided to get up at 5am everyday and workout together because it is motivating to have a workout buddy. I have to say that I have talked with a lot of people that have done this and have seen great results so I hope we see the same (I will spare you from the before pictures). We also started Weight Watchers at the same time. We have done this before and I had lost 40 pounds doing it (but gained it all back for lame reasons). My goal is to lose 65 pounds all together. I can say that after my first week of P90X I already feel better even though I am sore all over. This is workout that requires mental motivation because it is difficult but I feel like I have accomplished something great after each workout. The other motivation we have is the Wii Fit. Brittany's parents got the Wii Fit for Christmas this year so when we go over on Sundays we have to "weigh in" in front of everyone. We have made the weight-loss thing a family affair. I was embarrased when my Wii Fit guy plumped up like he was pregnant after I weighed in for the first time. Anyways, we are going to Lake Powell in June and everyone wants to look their best in a swimming suit. Good Luck to everyone with your New Year Resolutions!
January 12, 2009
New Year's Resolution
So Brittany and I decided that it was time to really get in shape. Brady (brother-in-law) gave us P90X and we started our 1st week last Monday. We decided to get up at 5am everyday and workout together because it is motivating to have a workout buddy. I have to say that I have talked with a lot of people that have done this and have seen great results so I hope we see the same (I will spare you from the before pictures). We also started Weight Watchers at the same time. We have done this before and I had lost 40 pounds doing it (but gained it all back for lame reasons). My goal is to lose 65 pounds all together. I can say that after my first week of P90X I already feel better even though I am sore all over. This is workout that requires mental motivation because it is difficult but I feel like I have accomplished something great after each workout. The other motivation we have is the Wii Fit. Brittany's parents got the Wii Fit for Christmas this year so when we go over on Sundays we have to "weigh in" in front of everyone. We have made the weight-loss thing a family affair. I was embarrased when my Wii Fit guy plumped up like he was pregnant after I weighed in for the first time. Anyways, we are going to Lake Powell in June and everyone wants to look their best in a swimming suit. Good Luck to everyone with your New Year Resolutions!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
thats good! my new years resolution is to get out more and be more healthy. I don't exercise enough. good LUCK!!!
Ross did P90X last year and lost 30 lbs! He said it was really hard but worth it :)
Good luck, those are great resolutions.
You guys should train for a marathon. Knowing that you have an actual race at the end that will kill you if you are not prepared makes it that much easier to be motivated.
Oh ya, and it is a great feeling when you cross the finish line.
Way to go you guys! I'm not even coherent at 5am! I'm still in bed praying that my children will sleep in that day (which never happens). Good luck!
Tyson and I totally want to get the P90X! We are 'plumping' up after the marathon just because of laziness. That would totally kick our butts into shape without having to work out in the freezing cold. Let us know how it all goes!
You know, only prostitutes and thieves are awake at that hour! Just come on over to my house anytime you want a cookie. I think cookies are the secret to massive weight loss.
Hey how fun! Good Luck!
Oh by the way I blocked my blog send me an email so I can let you back in!
whippbanana@yahoo.com
For a minute there I thought those were pictures of the two of you but then I looked a little closer I did not see Shads double chin so I figured it out.
Hey Shad, it's nicole poulsen...came across your blog and checked out your beautiful family! I'm not sure what your little girl was in the hospital for but i'm glad everything seems to be going well. it's good to see an update of you and your family! Nicole
Way to go guys. I have tried to get up early to workout before, but i just love my bed too much. I am taking a dance class once a week in the evening that helps me stay in shape, I think you would like it Bert. Let me know if you are interested.
Post a Comment